Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

7.18.2007

Time off to catch up

This year I'm spelling July "V A C A T I O N!" taking every Monday and Tuesday off. So what will I been doing? Catching up on piles of stuff here and there that I haven't had time to deal with.


Going for a bike ride every day with Charmaine and keeping an eye on our local Sandhill Crane family.


Taking in the new Harry Potter movie.
I love how Dolores Umbridge, the Ministry's overseer of Hogwarts, is the embodiment of "No Child Left Behind!" By the way, can you believe how many commercials and movie previews they play before the feature? Our showing was listed at 12:10, and the first time we saw Harry Potter hottie Daniel Radcliffe was 12:25.
What did my $7.50 ticket buy? The opportunity to be held captive for one ad after another. I will admit that I enjoy the sneak previews, but they were showing things for Christmas, March, and even next summer! Guess I'd better start planning my vacation now.


No comments: