Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

3.05.2008

It's time to binge

I'll admit it, I have a problem with Girl Scout Cookies. I can't stop eating them. I know I could easily chow through a box of thin mints single handedly in one sitting. There has got to be some secret ingredient in them that makes you crave them all the more.

Our order of cookies has been delivered, and they are now safely stowed away in the cabinet above the fridge. Safely? Hardly! We should have them locked up at the bank. Perhaps having to dig out the safe deposit box key, climb in the car, drive to the bank, park, sign the little book, go in the vault, and take the safe deposit box to a private room would temper my lust for the little treats. Not! My only hope is that I forget they are there, only to discover them on some other search mission and have a little "found pleasure" reward.

Perhaps if we dropped boxes of Girl Scout Cookies into the trouble spots in the world, combatants would be too busy eating to fight. Our troops sure love them. A month's worth of Iraq spending ($11 billion,) should do it, and think of all the great things the scouts could do with that money.

We did stay true to our word this year, only buying cookies from an acutal Girl Scout, not their parents, or worse, the sheet taped to a counter at work.

In case you need more cookies (and I may,) follow THIS LINK.

No comments: