Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

12.19.2007

A Nose for Dreams


Do you smell things in your dreams? No, not that! Last night I was dreaming and I caught a whiff of burning pasta sauce. The scent was so real that I got up and padded into the kitchen to check it out. Nothing. I really was dreaming in smell-o-vision.
Some research that I found says two-thirds of dreams are almost exclusively visual, a quarter feature sound and a smaller fraction smell and taste. Nine out of 10 contain emotion, most commonly mild anxiety or frustration. Our dreams tend not to be reproductions of past events but rather, reinterpretations of events that happened at two distinct time periods: yesterday and about a week ago. We also dream about upcoming events and conversations we'd like to have. Other times the content is so weird who knows where it comes from?
I don't have a clue where the burning pasta sauce came from, I'm more of an alfredo kind of guy.
Also dreaming, is President Bush, who claims that he "knew nothing" about the CIA videotapes of harsh interogation techniques (waterboarding) and their subsequent destruction. New information shows that Harriet Miers, John Bellinger, Alberto Gonzales and David Addington(chief of staff for Dick Cheney,) all were involved in discussion on the tapes.

No comments: