Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

1.14.2008

Its a Miracle

I was going to update you on the progress of my newspaper carrier delivery on Wednesday, but the results have been so stunning, I couldn't wait!

Since installing the large green plastic box on the front of my house, the location of the 'Front Porch,' my requested delivery target, is no longer a mystery. She has found the sweet spot every day since installation last week!

I don't have to put on shoes to retrieve the paper from the base of the driveway, heck, I wouldn't have to wear much at all, just open the front door, and grab it.

This has been one of those nagging problems that wouldn't go away, with a daily reminder with my "walk of shame" down the driveway. I've already tacked on the automatic monthly tip I promised to my EZ Pay account.

This sense of accomplishment is short-lived, as all the other annoyances will now take a giant scissor-step toward the front of the line.


President Bush has a similar list of annoyances: Iraq, Iran, a recession at home, ignoring subpoenas for what he considers state secrets... He thought a trip to the Middle East to bring the Israelis and Palestinians together would make his list shorter, but it seems no one took him seriously, especially Saudi Arabia, who purchased $20 billion worth of advanced technology weaponry from the "Peace-maker."

No comments: