Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

3.05.2007

Cookie Mania

It's a sure sign that Spring's just around the corner when you get your Girl Scout Cookies. My personal favorite has always been the 'Thin Mint,' (especially frozen!) with 'Shortbreads' right behind. I can do without all the other flavors. I recently found a box in my desk of some kind of cookie that had odd strawberry flavored goo in them. No wonder they lasted so long, they were horrible. This year all those cookies come nearly free of harmful trans fats.

For 90 years they've been selling them, although recently, I think more are sold by parents pressuring their co-workers, or putting order forms up in the office, than by the actual girls themselves. I've bought thin mints from girls I've never even met, and probably never will, which is too bad.
Here comes the lefty in me; It's not just the amount you sell, part of the process should be on developing good interpersonal skills, expecially with adults. Kids are aloof enough, here's a great chance to bridge that divide. I've decided that next year, I'm only going to buy cookies when solicitied and delivered by an actual Girl Scout.



No comments: