Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

3.20.2007

Snack Missing in Action

We take so many things for granted in life:
  • Stuff in the Miller Park toilets goes into the sanitary sewer

  • Which lane to use through the Marquette Interchange project

  • There's nothing political about the Justice Department (just ask the White House)

  • and Your favorite vending machine snacks
Here at Radio City, the loading dock vending machine choice D-9 has always been Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies. They used to be $0.60, then $0.65, then $0.75, and now they're gone! Replaced by Grandma's Vanilla Creme mini-cookie bites.

They're OK, but for a choco-holic like me, it's no comparison. I want my Amos. I'm never around in the early morning when the vending guy refills the machine, so I can't ask him where they went. The person in our building responsible for the machines has been transferred out of the building, so there's no one to report a missing cookie snack to. Who is this Grandma, and what has she done with Amos?


Every afternoon, when I take a stroll out back for a Diet Coke (if the machine is taking dollars) and a comfort food snack, it hits me like a ton of bricks; No Famous Amos cookies! For now, I'm taking it as a kick in the pants for my weight-loss plan, but when I hit my target weight, I'm expecting my good friend "Amos" back in D-9 for an "all things in moderation" snack.

No comments: