Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

3.23.2007

Dispenser protection

For my birthday, I received a big bag of the new Dark Chocolate m&ms. Yummy! Mom and Dad also gave me a squirrel-proof bird feeder for the LipsYard. We have a problem with the adorable fuzzy-tailed rats hanging upside down on our tube feeders and hoovering the bird seed. The feeder is from the "Fundamentals" line at Wild Birds Unlimited, and it has a wire cage spring-loaded over the tube, so when a fat squirrel hangs on it, the feeding holes are covered.

In an effort to aid in my weight-loss program, my adoring wife decided to combine the two gifts...
Keeping me from eating them all at once. Boo hoo.
Perhaps we should install something like this in Washington to keep our elected officials away from all the money the lobbyists are dispensing.

No comments: