Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

5.16.2007

Goodbye friends

October 4th, I will have worked at 94.5 WKTI for 25 years. In all that time, Gene Mueller has always been on the morning show. He's now leaving to join Wisconsin's Morning News on AM620 WTMJ. Gene's my favorite radio news guy. His writing and delivery are unparalleled. He's also the consumate sports fanatic. I'm elated for him having made the jump to his nirvana.

In November, Charmaine and I will be married 18 years. In all that time, Gino Salomone has been a part of the KTI morning show, either on the air, or behind the scenes. Gino was my best man. He's now leaving, with all his options open. Gino knows more celebrities than I can name. He's a fixture in Hollywood at all the movie press junkets. Many consider him a personal friend. The stars love Gino, because there's something about the way he treats them. They find a safe haven in him. Like all his friends do.
A new morning show, headed by Matthew Blades, will begin on WKTI the Tuesday after Memorial Day. I'm very excited about the players just hearing about them, and their eagerness to climb on the air, do a show, and take this station to new heights. I hope you'll like them, too.

Change is fun and exciting, it's also nerve-wracking and can induce insecurity and doubt, and a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach, and it sucks when the people you've grown up with, worked side by side with, laughed and cried with, take change in a different direction than your own. To my friends; "In bocca al lupo!"

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Lips!
Nice to see a personal response to all the changes! How about a word for Jenna? I'm guessing she knew it was a short term gig?
Robin

Unknown said...

Watch your back. Management is heartless.