Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

5.22.2007

Pick Hillary's theme song

Hillary needs our help! You bet she wants to know what America thinks about the important stuff: the war in Iraq, health care and ... her campaign theme song! On her official website, you can listen to 9 songs, then make your choice, or suggest one of your own.

Titles in the running include:"Suddenly I See" by K.T. Tunstall, "I'm a Believer" from the first Shrek movie, "Get Ready" by the Temptations, "Right Here Right Now" by Jesus Jones, "Beautiful Day" and "City of Blinding Lights" by U2, and the Bush-hating Dixie Chicks with "Ready to Run."

I'm all for a little fun on the campaign trail, and I've always been a fan of music promoting a product, like a jingle or theme song, but this is the leader of the free world we're talking about, and I'd rather tell her what I think about Iraq, Global Warming, Health Care, and Crime, than what song I want her to enter a speaking engagement to.

When all the other stuff the Bush administration has screwed up is fixed, I'll be ready for a little fun. Ask me then.

No comments: