Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

5.17.2007

Green Thursday: Favre didn't 'really' want to be traded


The statement from Brett Favre posted to the Green Bay Packers Web site was meant to clarify reports which surfaced on FoxSports.com this weekend that say the future hall of famer told Packer General Manager Ted Thompson that he wanted to be traded after the Packers failed to acquire Randy Moss during the NFL draft.

"I was frustrated a couple weeks back when Randy Moss was traded to New England. I never wanted to be traded and I don't want to be traded. I want to be in Green Bay," Favre said in his statement.

He also added that he wants to finish is career as a Packer. "Sometimes when I get frustrated I let my emotions get the better of me," he said. Favre added that he is excited about the young talent on the team and about the improvements they are making. "I look forward to playing with this team and seeing what we can do. I think we can be pretty good."

He concluded that he is continuing his rehab in Mississippi following surgery on his ankles and that he plans to show up to camp in the best shape of his life.

Wow! Even for a sports-challenged guy like me, this is quite the 180. Whomever got to good ol' number 4 should be given a raise!

Usually every Green Thursday, LipsYard will deal with an issue vital to our global environment, but as we all know watching the local news, anytime 'the Favre' says anything, it's "BREAKING NEWS." Global warming can wait, this is da Packers , for criminy!

No comments: