Welcome to the yard on the left. A place to contemplate, relax, and rant on the right.

11.07.2007

Time keeps on slipping into the future


Having trouble adjusting to the time change from last weekend? Me too! The alarm goes off at 6:00am, but my internal alarm clock has been waking me up at 5:00am.

Research has shown that the part of the brain that controls our body clock is about the size of a kernel of corn, and mine must be buttered, salted, and ready to rock!


Exercise will stimulate a serotonin release in the brain that resets the clock.

Pick up a melatonin pill, which functions similar to serotonin, from your local drugstore and pop that right after your walk. I have not turned to pharaceuticals yet, but I'm warming to the idea.

Finally, when you get up in the morning, expose yourself to a reasonably bright light for an hour or two. Does the computer screen count?

I'll probably be thinking about you tomorrow morning between 5 and 6.

No comments: